Thursday 17 April 2014

A short rant!

Today, I checked Games Workshop to see the price of Uruk-hai Scouts (They'll be essential in later scenarios, and i've always liked the less typical clad in metal soldier look of them anyway, from a collectors point of view) and found that it was £15 for 12. Now, that's not too bad I suppose. I mean, I could probably (Though from reviews, I wouldn't hold my breath too much) rely on them being in good condition. I then went to check the new releases for The Hobbit, and I was absolutely appalled. Are they trying to make it so nobody plays this great game anymore? £15 for 12 is understandable, but for the same price you could only buy 3 lake town guards... and then £15 for bowmen! That means under the warband rule, it would cost £60 for a single warband... That is absolutely ridiculous. And, the cost of the trolls raised eyebrows too... Fair enough, a collector and one who relishes painting more than the game would maybe feel more inclined to dish out £50 for the three trolls. But from the gamers point of view, £50 for trolls that will appear in one, maybe two scenarios? ridiculous. I'm sad to say I won't be buying many Hobbit figures, which I was looking forward too... Maybe Goblin town for my birthday and a few others,  but if the prices rise for old Lord of the Rings models also, as well as many figures keep being discontinued (Angmar Shade, Durburz...) then it may ruin the game.

Just had to get that off my chest really, stupid prices. They'd make much more money if they were lower priced, or more things were included for the price as interest for the game wouldn't be deterred by the price (Which it is for so many of my friends i've told about the game).


In other new, stay tuned for my newest arrival, the Cave troll!

No comments:

Post a Comment