Sunday 18 May 2014

My Hobby collection continues to grow.

So this weekend saw bad weather, which meant no terrain making here. I did however meet quite a few people in my Nottinghamshire area who are being very helpful, and one of them has actually invited me to the Throne of Skulls Hobbit event, to take part in the beginners league. I was reluctant at first, having never played a competitive match yet, but one of the lads has invited me to take part in a few matches with him, set around the Orc raid on Lake town, to help me get the hang of the rules, and some basic point match scenarios, with which he is going to be borrowing me his Harradrim raiders force! Quite excited indeed.

Also, I met a nice chap on the 'Lord of the rings trading page' who sold me three Ring Wraiths for £10. I also managed to find another unpainted on Ebay for £3 including postage. Three are painted, and one is unpainted. I will practice the painting on the unpainted one first before stripping the three later on when my painting skill grows. Here is a quick link to the trade page, everybody on there is very nice, and quite helpful. https://www.facebook.com/groups/623575357711575/?fref=nf
The Ring Wraith that is whisking its way to my house!


Other news saw me getting my Wood cut out in to shape to begin making a board, as well as the before mentioned Moria scaffolding. However, I must admit, I have bought 'The Lord of The Rings, The Third Age' RPG video game, at a bargain of £2. Oh how I have missed this childhood game! It follows the path of Berethor, who was riding in the shadow of Boromir to Rivendell, as a sort of body guard. He is ambushed by Ringwraith, and saved by Idrial, an Elf from Lothlorien, and his own adventure begins from there!



The Lord of the Rings, The Third Age.






The company fight The Balrog, the boss fight from the end of Chapter 3!

And last but not least, with my girlfriends 18th coming up on Tuesday, I probably won't be getting anything done for a while, so expect a post next weekend. Thanks for reading,

Until next time...





2 comments:

  1. Thanks for link to facebook group, I hadn't come across that one before. Also might need to check out that vid game...

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem, happy to help.

    Yeah, if you can put aside the awful attempt at Romance, and a sort of lackluster ending, it is really good once you get into it. I especially enjoy how as the story progresses you unlock scenes where Gandalf talks directly to the player, whilst showing clips from the movie.

    ReplyDelete