Wednesday 7 May 2014

A short update, review of a different table top game and an interesting idea.

Hello all, this week has up to yet not been too productive when it comes to LoTR SBG. My girlfriend's 18th birthday is coming up this month, and the present I am getting is no less than £120... so that's my hobby budget low for awhile.   I'll be saving for brushes and paint firstly. So what have I been doing? Well today I watched The Fellowship of the ring and I must say I love no part better than the four hobbits fleeing the Shire. From the moment Gandalf drags Sam wise Gamgee through the window, til the moment Frodo awakens in Rivendell my blood is pumping, adrenaline kicking in etc. I think it's a mix of the locations (I really, really love the parts of the film in Bree. Although the film seems to suggest Bree is close to the brandywine bridge with how fast the scene changes) and the fact they are being hunted by a power more ancient and evil than they could imagine, coupled with the sense of danger from the very start in their beloved shire just makes this part of the story my favourite. Thoroughly enjoyed myself.


Elsewhere saw me taking part in a game of Bolt Action! I played in a 4 man battle. The game was on two boards together to make one big board. The Americans (me) held out in a big circular fountain against Germans, with two squads of GI's with rifles, and a few 30.cal machine guns. The Germans would start off assaulting me with infantry and light armoured vehicles (my friend Sam) whilst my other friend Robbie raced to my rescue with a Sherman and a few more squads. Sam's friend Vinnie took the other German squad and tried to hold Robbie back, allowing the Germans to take the town. To say it was a tutorial for me (hence my small, basic squads) I was very thrilled all throughout. I managed to take down some Germans and even blew up a light armoured vehicle, before Robbie came and we mopped up the resistance. I think this is another to the list of minature I want to collect and game with.

Watch this spot for scenery progress this weekend, expect a post sunday or monday. And I apologise if any words are 'stuck together' without a space, my phone doesn't like to put spaces, and a few ellude myattentions. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment