Tuesday 25 March 2014

One does not simply walk in to Mordor... unless your name is Talion!

Wraiths can be scary at the best of times. But a Wraith and a Human working together to get revenge on Sauron, the Dark Lord? Hmm...


With the announcement of 'Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor' I am now excited by the prospect of the game. You play a ranger named Talion, who's family has been slain by the minions of Sauron. Moments before an Orc can strike the finishing blow on Talion himself, he is possessed and saved by a Wraith with unknown intentions, allowing Talion to control the Wraith powers himself. The fact that you can sneak around, possess Orcs, Wargs Etc, and play the game anyway you like appeals to me greatly. It is also partially free roam I believe, which makes it all the better! But don't take my word for how great this game looks, check out the video which shows all the awesome game play of this game!


Also, as an update on my tabletop hobbying: I have began to do some very basic amateur terrain creating. I have found a few stones from the garden and glued them together to make walls and rocks and such. I have also used them to create the two huge stones that Frodo sees when in the Barrow-Downs, which will play a part in my own version of the 'Fog on the Barrow-Downs' scenario. Keep checking back to see the progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment