Monday 24 March 2014

A steady start.

Where to start?

I'm Brandon Betts, a 17 year old studying Computer science at college, hope to move on to Uni by 2016.
Happily taken, by Bethen Hyde, my 18 year old girlfriend who I have been with for roughly a year and 3 months (also an avid Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit fan) We live together, swapping between staying at our parents houses every few days. I also enjoy video gaming, mainly PC so feel free to add my Steam: DreadBetts


Well, at the age of 10 (nearly 8 years ago, starting to feel old...) I was drawn in to the world of The Lord of the Rings. Of course, being that young, I never really enjoyed reading so I sadly missed out on how much better the book was (I understand now, as I am currently reading it). But the films wide range of creatures, might and magic, epic battles and beautiful locations made me love it right from the first 10 minutes. As I grew I still regarded them as my favourite films and also played a few of the video games. When I hit 14 and I discovered Warhammer 40k I did like it, and still do. But when I found that there was a Lord of the Rings strategy battle game I was stricken with a deep desire to play it. My parents would not buy me any miniatures or anything as they thought it would be a waste of money... but now, recently earning my own money, have begun to collect Moria goblins and the Fellowship. I am trying my best to get a few of my friends in on the game, and searching at the local gaming shops and Games Workshop in Nottingham to find somebody to have a game with (I am determined to have a game!) and I also enjoy battle reports, so I shall be writing them here on this blog, as well as showing my army, how I paint and scenery I make etc. This blog is not only for mine and your enjoyment, but also as a learning experience as I hope seasoned veterans of this game will be able to comment on my posts with advice for painting, gaming etc. Soon I shall upload a picture of what I have collected first, albeit a small force I have chosen to first buy 12 Moria goblins (4 bow, 4 shield and 4 spear) and have also bought a Cave troll. I am on the look out for Strider and Gandalf the Gray. Thanks for reading, and watch this blog for more very soon!


2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of Middle-Earth, Brandon. I'll be watching what you get up to, and wish you every success in getting some games going. Enjoy the book, its a classic, in every sense of the word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's certainly an excellent book, I don't know why I waited this long to get into it! Your comments are always welcome, and thanks again for all the help:)

      Delete